EFT Tapping (also called Emotional Freedom Techniques) is a masterful way to gain internal clarity, insight, and harmony to assist you on your healing journey. EFT helps remove energetic and emotional blocks, fears, beliefs, and emotions (e.g. shame) from the body.
Struggle and/or emotional pain is a block or disruption in our body’s energy system. Our body gives us clues through feelings and sensations about what is happening within us (e.g. a sore stomach or a tight chest). Similarly, it lets us know how we feel around other people and in certain environments.
In other words, our body tells us when something is not in alignment. With that awareness, we have the power to shift it. I also know this from personal experience, as it has been my most cherished healing and wellness ally since 2011! I delight in exploring the countless ways that EFT Tapping can (and does) assist us on our healing and self-acceptance, and discovery journey.
Internal struggles and difficulties stemming from a very young age
The majority of our internal struggles and difficulties stem from a very young age. Before the age of 7, we are basically in a hypnotic state, learning, absorbing, taking in, and believing what we see, hear, feel, and observe around us in our family systems and beyond. This becomes part of our unconscious programming and who we believe ourselves to be and can (and does) create profound internal difficulties for many of us.
The people we do this early learning and absorbing from are often unconscious and wounded themselves. As a result, we develop and adopt strategies to adapt, navigate and survive in our complex early environments. Codependency is an example of one of those early strategies.
If left unchecked and unexplored, we can go through our lives playing out these unconscious beliefs, thoughts, wounds, traumas, and patterns, which were not true about US in the first place and, at a certain point, no longer serve us and our best interest. We then can choose to perpetuate the pain, wounding, and trauma cycle or deeply look at and deconstruct it. A qualified EFT Tapping practitioner can assist and guide us in doing just this!
Our fight or flight response can still be activated long after an event or situation:
Hurtful words, constant criticism, control, circumstances, and events that were not processed through the body still impact our body, mind and emotions. Our fight or flight response can still be activated long after an event or situation (and all the time, as with PTSD and complex PTSD).
An indication that the body has not yet fully processed could be feeling anger, hurt, unsafe, neglect, pain, shame, confusion, powerlessness, fear, a phobia, a grudge, unforgiveness, etc. EFT helps heal and process the fight or flight stress response in the body and the lingering feelings and emotions.
Some Examples of what EFT Tapping” (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Assists With:
- re-regulating the brain, establishing full cognitive resources,
- healing energy disruptions and balancing the body’s energy systems.
- calming the brain/amygdala.
- the resolution of unresolved childhood issues and traumas.
- It helps to address shame, pain, sadness, grief, anxiety, guilt, fear, concerns and worries.
- transforming limiting, unwanted beliefs, dysfunctional and problematic emotions (such as fear, guilt, shame, anger, and jealousy) and emotional responses and behaviours and habits that shape our lives by altering the brain chemistry.
- feeling safe in our bodies.
- healing negative thoughts, feelings, and behaviours and instil more positive thoughts, beliefs and feelings.
- cultivating self-acceptance and self-love. Increased understanding and connections with ourselves and others.
- reducing or eliminating physical pain.
- the physiological response of a craving (chocolate, cigarettes, alcohol, and more) when the amygdala is calm, the craving diminishes (Peta Stapleton)
- codependent belief patterns.
The Benefit of an EFT practitioner and Energetic Freedom Coach for HSP/Empaths:
When the trauma and/or imbalance is processed, our nervous system is free to be in an optimal arousal zone. There is coherence between the brain, mind, and body in this place.
My goal is to provide a SAFE, compassionate, secure, and non-judgemental space for you to peel back the layers to release what no longer serves you. Please ask me how EFT can assist you on your healing journey!
You CAN live in a way that feels TRUE to you….
Please feel welcome to reach out and schedule your free 15-minute call today or email firstname.lastname@example.org